Monday, November 2, 2009

My Grinch size heart is growing!

I have never (even when I was a little girl) liked to dress up. In fact, when I shop for clothes I very seldom try anything on. I have always disliked Halloween because I had to dress up. That dislike has grown since I have become a mother. And I am now expected to find costumes for my children. I know I sound like the Grinch!
Something happened this year. I actually enjoyed Halloween!!! Weird! I have been collecting items for various costumes over the years. I keep them in a big black garbage bag. My kids took that bag out this year. They totally found their own costumes, while I sat and watched them. They had so much fun rummaging through this bag of clothes. I made a good dinner. We all sat down at the table and ate. No one was in a hurry. After dinner they dressed in their costumes and I drove them around to peoples houses that we knew. For the first time in 22 years of having children, I enjoyed it! There has always been alot of stess involved with Halloween. This year I didn't even think about it. Maybe my Grinch size heart is growing. :)

No comments:

layout