Friday, October 28, 2011

My weight loss journey

As many of you know I went through a terrible depression. This depression lasted for 2 years. During this time I gained alot of weight. My top weight was in 2009 I was at 220 pounds. I decided in January of 2010 to put that time of my life behind me. To focus in on my mind and my body again. To make myself a priority. That is not an easy thing for a mother of 8 children to do. But in order for me to be the kind of mother that I needed to be I had to do this for myself. More than anything I needed to feel alive again. I was tired of hiding behind all my weight. So I started to eat healthy. I started to exercise more. My goal is 90 pounds. As of today I have lost 62 pounds! I know that I am not there yet. But I have a goal. I am taking it one day at a time. And one choice at a time. Little by little it is coming off. This makes me happy!

2 comments:

Brittany Evans said...

You are doing amazing Kaylyn!! I'm so proud of you! Also, you and I have the same goal weight. We're both getting there!

Ang said...

That's amazing Kaylyn! It's so hard to lose weight!! Good luck with the last stretch though - you're so close!!

layout