Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our hunt for a Christmas Tree

It has always been our tradition to go to a Christmas tree farm in Fruitland. It is called Littles Christmas Tree Farm. My kids were so excited to go this year. I told them they had to do all of their chores and then we would go get our tree. So they pitched in and got everything done. Off we went to go pick out the perfect tree. This farm has about 5 acres of Christmas trees. You go pick out the tree you like and they cut it down for you. Then they put it on a machine that shakes all the dead needles off. They always have a sheep dog out there that my kids love to play with. When we got to the farm, all the trees were gone. We couldnt believe it. They sold the farm. No more Christmas trees. My children were crushed. They sat in silence the whole way home.
We went out again yesterday to hunt for the perfect tree. We were spoiled at Littles because we always got a 7 foot tree for 15.00. The first place we went to we found the perfect 7 foot tree. For 60.00!!!!!!! :( I couldnt bring myself to pay 60.00 for a tree that I would be throwing away in less than a month! So we ended up going to the Home Depot. We found a very pretty 6 foot douglas fir for 32.00.
Why are trees sooooo expensive!!!! I am going to leave this tree up through January just to get my moneys worth! :) That is my rant for the day!

2 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

I thought you guys always went out into the mountains to get your tree. We would go to that tree farm in Fruitland too...loved it. I'm sad that they sold the farm :(

Trees are so expensive. We'll have to do a family tree hunt next year in the mountains :)Wouldn't that be fun :D

Amberly said...

I am glad you got a tree. I saw the trees at Home Depot here today and they looked really nice.

It was a fun surprise to see Kerry today! He looks great and seems very happy. I like his friend, she was really nice.

layout