Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas

The day before Christmas and Christmas Eve was spent at the hospital with Bill's dad. He has pneumonia. That along with his age and dementia he is growing weaker every day. We were able to get him home for Christmas. That made everyone happy. The day after Christmas we had a Christmas party at his house. He sat with everyone and sang Christmas songs. It was wonderful to see and hear. He is such a big part of our lives. It is hard to see him go through all of this. But he is in no pain. This is a big blessing.
Christmas was a lot fun this year. It was our "practical" Christmas. We got alot of things we needed (clothes, socks, etc.) along with a few wants. I think it was our best Christmas ever. It made it that way because it wasnt all about the presents this year. It was about family. ALL of my children were home. Ashley and Josh came on Christmas eve and spent the night. With this house full of people we still got to sleep in until 8:00! I was excited about that! We opened our presents and then spent the morning in our pajamas playing games. Wayne and Malya Forsberg and their 3 youngest came over for lunch. It was so nice to be home with my family, talking and playing games. It snowed all day which made it even better.
I had to take down our Christmas tree Saturday. It was all dried out. But I left up all of the other decorations. They are just to pretty to take down. I think I may leave them up through January. January is such a boring time of the year. We could use a little festivity.

6 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

So glad you had a great Christmas! Also glad Bill's dad got to be home. I have kind of missed NP lately. Well, I miss all of you guys! I need to come visit when I get there next. I think yo would enjoy the girls, and I would love to get to know the rest of your kids better. My little Ashley is having twins!! Holy cow, KayLyn!!!

Kaylyn said...

I would love to have you come and visit! I know me a Grandma can you believe it!?! :) I cant wait!

Gina Hallam said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas :) It was so nice to see everyone and visit. We miss it there sooooo much. We got home today...the roads were soooo bad... but we made it home and the first thing we did was to take down the Christmas stuff...we've got several showings this weekend. Fingers crossed.

We did miss Moyle when we were down there :( He has always had a special place in our hearts :) He is loved by so many and has touched so many as well :)

Heather's Blog said...

Sounds nice and relaxing. My kids slept in also!! We had to wake them up. Glad you could have all your family home. Happy New Year.

Heather

Callie's Spot said...

It has been so long since I have seen your family. I am glad to hear that Moyle is doing alright. Everytime I go to church and sing I think of him and how great he was at conducting music. It just isn't the same. - Callie Wixom Smith

Gina Hallam said...

Hi Kaylyn :) Thanks for the comment on my blog. I wanted to post this on your blog so you could be sure to get it :) The layout on my page is from cutestblogontheblock I have a link on my site cute layouts. For some reason it wasn't coming up yesterday though. I hope you can find it. I was trying to find something nice but not too girly :D

layout