Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ashley's babyshower

Cassandra and I put on a babyshower for Ashley, January 10. Cassandra used all the hours of preparation as one of her 10 hour projects for young womens. We sent out almost 80 invitations. We had 36 people come to the shower. As well as having 4 people come before the shower and drop off gifts. They couldnt stay because of prior commitments. We have also recieved many phone calls from people saying that they couldnt attend the shower but will be bringing something by for her.
We had lots of fun. My sister in law, Valerie Stokes, came up with some fun games for us. Ashley opened her gifts and then we ate some yummy cookies that people brought to share. I think everyone had a good time. Ashley has a very good start now for her little boys. I would say that the shower was a big success!
Ashley went to the doctor last week and he told her that one of the babys was 4 pounds the other one is 3.5 pounds. They are growing and healthy. She is 31 weeks along now. We are VERY excited that everything is going so well.
As soon as Ashley gets the pictures of the shower to me I will post them on here for everyone to see.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I am sad I wasn't there. I am glad that it was a success! Having two babies is going to be expensive, so every little thing has got to help! Tell Ashley to hang in there!

Ang said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! I bet Ashley is huge! Sounds like a smashing success - I hope she felt very loved!!

Gina Hallam said...

I'm so glad that the shower was such a success :) I'm sad that we weren't there :( but will be soon..fingers crossed.

AmyDawn said...

Sounds like Ashley's coming down the home stretch! That's awesome that you had such a great turnout. Next time I come to Fruitland we'll have to get together.

layout