Sunday, March 22, 2009

Everything Under the Sun

I put this on my family website. But for those of you that dont have access to those sites, I really wanted to share this with you. I am soooo excited to share with you a video I watched today. It is a fireside given by Wendy DeWitt. It is called Everything Under the Sun. It is all about food storage. I have been learning about food storage for almost 23 years now. I have tried over the years to get some food storage in. But I am the kind of person that has a hard time looking outside of the box. But after watching this video, my way of looking at food storage has completely changed.
Wendy DeWitt is over all the canning and food storage for the church. This is her calling. She is amazing! She had so many
ideas that I never even heard of before.
A couple of years ago I went to an EMT conference in Boise. They devoted 2 hours of this conference toward this Pandemic that is coming. It is not a matter of when or if, but it is coming. It is going to be BIG! I hope that everyone of us takes this very seriously. If you havent heard of this pandemic yet, I will try to explain a little of what will happen. It is supposed to be like the Bird Flu, but worse. It will kill at least 50% of the people that get it. It has an incubation period of 10 days. So someone could have it and you wouldn't know it until it is to late. It is very contagious. I know that the government and our individual State of Idaho are preparing for it. It is on its way. When it does get here people will basically be quaranteed to their homes. Most public places will be closed, including stores. What you have in your home is what you will eat. They dont know how long the Pandemic will last. But they do know that there will be at least a couple of waves go through. Are we prepared for this? I know that I am not. This is why I am so excited to finally find something to answer my food storage needs. Something that will help me get a plan together.
You can find her talk by Googling Wendy DeWitt. The talk is called Everything Under the Sun. You can download it. If you can get the DVD please do. If you can't let me know and I will burn you a copy. I am not kidding when I say, it is amazing!!!! It is definately worth taking the time to watch. Please do and then let me know what you think of it.
She also has some great ideas on how to store water. I am all about "easy". So I loved her ideas!

3 comments:

Erika said...

In our ward in Rexburg they showed us a video all about this flu and what to do when it gets here. Also,in a Rigby Stake they are pushing that each family have at least 90 days worth of food storage. I thought that 90 days is very doable for everyone, even college students with very little space. I will check this out. Thanks!

Heather's Blog said...

I just bought a 4 month supply of freeze-dried food storage but it's not here yet. So I'm glad I bought it! I've been stocking up on cereal from Albertsons and other stores because they've been having a great sale. I just figured, my kids eat it either way and it has the shelf life of about a year. I'll have to look up that talk.

Erika said...

just curious, but what's your take on this swine flu that is starting to spread?

layout