Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Branden Mull


Today Branden Mull came to New Plymouth Middle School. Branden Mull is the author of Fablehaven and Candy Shop Wars. I had the opportunity to go to the school and listen to his presentation. He talked to the kids about the importance of reading every day. And how much it builds our imagination when we do this. He talked to them about how he used his imagination to create his books. He said that some of his ideas came from real life experiences he had as a child.
Last night we were all sitting on the couch talking about the upcoming assembly and Brandens books. I ordered a couple of his books, so the kids were arguing over who would get to read them first. I informed them that Mom gets to read Fablehaven first and they could decide who reads Candy Shop Wars and then we would trade. I thought it was fun that my children were excited to read a book. I know that I am very excited to read both of these books.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I am excited for you to read his books! You are going to love them.

Linda Gibbs said...

I haven't ever read him. I will have to check him out!

layout