Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Grandma and Grandpa Winegar

Tonight my thoughts are on my precious Grandparents. My Grandpa Winegar is 82 years old. And my Grandma Winegar is 80 years old. They have lived long enough to see their grandchildren, their great grandchildren and even their great-great grandchildren. I honestly do not think anyone could have grandparents better than mine! They have always set a high standard for me to follow. I have learned at their feet. They have been guiding me and loving me unconditionally my whole life.
When I was little, about 8 years old (33 years ago) my grandparents started a tradition. I don't think they knew then that this tradition would grow to involve so many of their posterity. One Saturday in December our family gets together to have a Christmas party. We have lunch. Which always involves soups, bread, meats, cheeses, and homemade candy. And after the lunch we have a Nativity Story. Grandpa reads the Nativity Story. We stop every once in a while and sing a Christmas hymn. The children dress up as Shephards, Angels, Wise men, Mary and Joseph. When it is their turn they come on stage. After the program my Grandpa always takes the time to bare his testimony to us. It saddens me to think that my Grandparents wont be here on this earth forever. But I know that when the time does come, there will lots of posterity to carry on this wonderful tradition.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

I'm sad we missed it. Grandma and Grandpa really are the best!!

layout