Monday, February 1, 2010

My Weight Removal for January!

In the book Fit for Life for Women the Doctor was talking about weight "loss". She said that when you loose something, eventually you want to find it again. When we loose our weight we do not want to find it again! We want to completely remove it from our lives. So instead of saying weight loss, we need to be saying weight removal. I never want to find this weight again!!!! This will give you some indication as to how much of a mind set I am in. The family made brownies on Saturday. I have NEVER been able to pass up brownies. They are my biggest weakness! I just can't do it. Well guess what. They smelled great. But I had ZERO desire to eat one! How can that be!!! They did not even tempt me! So I never felt like I was depriving myself! Because I didn't even want it! NICE!!! My eye is on the goal! So my progress of weight removal is this: This week I lost 5 pounds. For a total of weight loss for January~ 18 pounds!
The Biggest Looser Bootcamp is a great video! I do it at least 3 times a week. It is mostly weight lifting. I highly recommend it! My big motivation is my goal chart. I hang it on my closet door. When I accomplish my goal for the day I put a star next to that goal. Each star represents accomplishment. And it constantly reminds me what my goals are. So it is easier to stay on track.
I use these dressing sprays for my salads. They are only 1 calorie per spray! And they taste great! This is the oatmeal I have every morning with a 1/2 a grapefruit. The oatmeal is sugar free and whole grain.
One of my secret weapons! Air popped popcorn. I usually do not like it. However I found Parkey spray with 0 calories and 0 fat! I spray that on the popcorn and then season it with popcorn seasoning. It has 2 calories and 0 fat! I can eat my popcorn guilt free and it is delicious!
Fit For Life~by Bill Phillips and Fit for Life for Women~by Pamela Peeke both are very good books to read!
My elliptical. Sometimes it's my friend. Sometimes it is not! I can put a book on it and read and read and read while my legs and arms move! I try to get 45 minutes a day on my elliptical.
This is my normal lunch. I enjoy everyone of those things on that plate. It is healthy and delicious!

8 comments:

Ang said...

You're doing awesome! I'm anxious to get started as soon as my baby comes. I have read Body for Life, but I think I'll read the other one. Thanks for sharing your secrets!

Brittany Evans said...

GO KAYLYN!!! You are doing so awesome! :)

Kaylyn said...

Ang, I learned alot from Body for Life for Women. I think you will really like it! Thank you Ang and Brittany for you encouraging words! I need that!!!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome!! I just read something about 30-30 programs. Working hard for 30seconds and then slow for 30 seconds. I have been trying to add it to my workouts. Suppose to increase your metabolism, I am all for that! I can't seem to lose any more after I lost my initial weight from having Ava. Still 25pounds to go. Running with you years ago is still one of my fondest memories. I wish my weight was still as easy to lose as it was back then.

Kaylyn said...

Joella I think that 30-30 program sounds very smart. It makes since! That is why running sprints at the track is so good. But my sprints now are like someones normal run! But it is still fast for me. I started running again last week. It is hard but every day I can go a little further. I am enjoying it. Thanks for mentioning that running that we used to do! I forgot about that! That was fun!! I wish you lived closer I could use a workout partner!

Aaron said...

hey maybe i should try that then my gf wont be making fun of my "doughy" belly lol well i hope every thing and every one doing good how is everyone doing keep in touch

Amberly said...

What brand is your elliptical? I got one from Jeron, and I don't really like it.

Great job this month!!

Kaylyn said...

My elliptical is a Nordic Track Audio Strider 800. I love it! I have seen alot of ellipticals that are very flimsy. This one is very sturdy. I got it at Sears.

layout