Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I believe" continued....

Back in December I wrote a letter on my blog called "I believe". This letter was my testimony. I know that it is true just as much today as the day I wrote it down. I am thankful for that prompting to put it into words and to share it with others. I knew that there would come a day that I would have the opportunity to share it with the people that gave me their magazine. This morning they came to my door again. The first thing they said was, "Hello Kaylyn!" Yes they know my name! And then the lady asked me if I was enjoying the magazines that they leave every month. I hesitated. The lady asked me if there was something wrong. I told her that I do not want to be disrespectful to her or her religion. So I am worried about how to say it. She told me not to worry about it. That she wanted the truth. She wanted to hear what I felt about them. So I told her that every time I read them I get angry and frustrated. She asked me why. I told her because I feel that their beliefs are sad. And that I could never believe that way. She told me that the magazines are just a stepping stone to get me to read and understand the Bible. That their religion is not all doom and gloom. I told her that I like to blog. And after reading one of their magazines I blogged about it. I told her that I would like to share with her what I wrote. She agreed to come back next week. I will then give her a copy of "I believe". I do not in any way plan on arguing any points of doctrine. I just want her to know my testimony. I pray with all my heart that her spirit will understand those things that I am sharing with her. I don't plan on converting her. But I do plan on sharing my testimony fully with her before she leaves my home. And challenge her to read The Book of Mormon. Since I have so diligently read and studied those things that they gave me. Please keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

layout