Friday, January 22, 2010

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


I love to read. It's something that I do every day. It makes me happy to read. I am always transported to a different time and place when I read. My love for reading is a blessing. Sometimes there is a book that comes along that changes the way I think. The Book Thief is one of those books. It was an honor to have read this book.
The story is told from "deaths" (the grim reapers) point of view. I know that sounds terrible. But it isn't. It is a story about a nine year old German girl living in the late 1930's in Molching, Germany. This is during Hitlers rein. She lost her father. She saw her brother die. And then she was taken away from her Mother and was brought to live with her foster parents. At her foster parents they taught her to read and write. She learned to have a great love for books. This story is about courage, friendship, love, survival in an impossible situation, death, and grief. If you are looking for a very good book to read, I highly recommend this book.
I want to thank my Sister, Amberly, for giving me this book. And for all the other books that she shares with me. If you have any books that you have read that you highly recommend, please let me know. I am always looking for a good read!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm so glad you liked that book! I absolutely loved it!! It's a great read!

Ang said...

Sounds excellent...I'll have to find it. Thanks for sharing!

layout