Monday, September 27, 2010

Letter from Elder Brown 9-27-2010

The room where he had is surgery
The table the Kent layed on to have his surgery.
The hospital where Kent had his surgery.

Hello Everyone,
Another week down and nothing to incredibly exciting has happened this week. Not that I can think of anyways. But I hung out in the house quite a bit this week, kind of. On Monday we did P day and i stayed around in the house. And Tuesday same, just kind of hung around in the house. It was Really boring and we dont have Air conditioning. And it is really stinking hot here! I have lost weight just sitting in the house haha!! Me and my companion were talking this week and we decided the only way you can get fat here is by bad genes and no way else. But anyways, I worked all day Wendsday and the rest of the week. I was tired of sitting in the house and so was my companion. But really the work was the same this week. I liked it a lot more this week because sitting in the house and studying 12 hours a day helps you get caught up on the gospel subject. Granted I am no were close where I want to be. But I am catching up. I read all of Jesus The Christ. And man that book if you havent read it I would suggest it. It really goes into the life of Christ and just the scriptures and everything it is a really good book. But anyways I really dont have a whole lot to write about this week. I guess the only real big news is that transfers were this week. And something happened that I didnt think would. I am staying a third transfer with my companion. Which he said never happens. Three with someone is very rare, I guess. And I am staying here in Sal probably for another at least two transfers. haha! So it should be great fun. But I feel bad for my Companion. He was so ready to leave because he has been here in Sal for 6 Months. And he was like there is no way I am staying another transfer. I have knocked every door. And I just dont know what I would do if I got put here another transfer. And we got the call from President and he told Elder Rosell you are staying one more with Elder Brown in Sal. And I thought Elder Rosell was going to die. Seven and a half months in one area!haha! And these areas are small. Theres only so much you can do. But that was all the exciting news this week though. That I am staying on Sal and probably will stay here for a couple more transfers.
But anyways, I dont know what else to write. I was very sad and yet happy to hear about Mr. Paridis. He is having a joyous reunion, I am sure, with his loved ones on the other side. I was reflecting a lot about Mr. Paridis these last couple of days. And just thinking about all the times we would go over there and knock on his front door and say my tire is flat. Or I need to put a new tire on my bike. Or I hit a tree stump in Grammys yard with the lawn mower, now the blade is bent. haha!! He was always there. I am very glad that you all went to his funeral. He was a great man. Almost like a Grandpa. But the awesome part about it is, we will see him again. What a great blessing the plan of salvation is. That we can live with our family and all of our loved ones once again. That after this life isnt the end but merly the beginning of our mission. That is why we must prepare to meet our Savior one day. And prepare everyday. I want to let you all know that I know that Families are forever. And are very important to your Father in Heaven. It is the greatest possesion we have on this earth. Because it is one of the only thing we can take with us after this life. So cherish your families. Love them, care for them, and most importantly serve them. Be the examples to them. Because I promise you that the path or direction you take in your life they will follow. But be joyous to know that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER. But I dont know what else to write besides I love you all. And will be more animated in my writing next week.
Love Elder Brown

No comments:

layout