Monday, September 13, 2010

A letter from Elder Brown

Our Missionary
A small army of Helamon
His first baptism
Doesn't he look awesome! He looks so happy!
Elder Brown's new ride
This looks like a little village
I think these are houses that people actually live in!
Baboon on the house
Hey Mom ya it has been a better week since the A.P.S left. Well kind of sort of! haha! On Thursday I was sitting there doing personal study and out of the corner of my eye I see someone at our door. It was President Neves. He made a surprise visit to our house. Our house was a filthy mess! Because the other two elders that live with me and Elder Rosell are very sloppy and dont clean up after themselves. It rained that night so our house was muddy and it was just a disaster. But luckily my room was clean. haha! But anyways he came and didnt say a word to us and went and sat down and we finished our personal study. And then probably the most emabarrasing thing that has ever happened to me in my life, President Neves said,"Cancel all your appointments until 6. Because can you honestly feel the spirit with your house like this. And he helped us clean our house. o man was i just in the upmost embarrasment. I wanted to go hide in a corner! Then we had an interview and President Neves is a cool guy. Man he made me feel loved and stupid at the same time. But he made me realize that what I did wasnt the best thing. And that I could have been more loving about the way i handled it. (Just a side note: Elder Brown had a run in with his A.P. last week. He kind of lost his temper with him. That is what he is talking about.) Then he said,"Elder Brown when I first saw you and even now, I see a strong leader. You had something I have never seen in a missionary before. That is when I wanted to go bang my head against the door. But it was all good. And I have learned from that mistake. And am trying to better myself from that.
This week has been a crappy week of sleep. For the first time in my mission I have woken up a half hour late two days in a row and not exercised. Not to be disobedient. But I have this really bad rash on my legs. That is eating away my skin. And it burns really bad and makes it so I cant sleep at night. The last 4 nights I have got a combined eight hours of sleep. So my tank has been running low and it stinks. I have had to sleep in that extra half hour or I would be miserable all day. I have put a ton of desitan and the things you put in the package on it. And it doesnt help at all. It is just getting worse and our nurse went home last week. So I am stuck until our new nurse comes which is next week. But it is like I told my companion, I am not going to their hospital here. It is nasty! I dont want Aids! I"ll take a picture of it and you will know why. haha!
One thing that was cool about this week is I got my first Baptisms. It was sweet! I got to baptize in the ocean and the water was magnificent!
Other then that we have been having really nasty weather. And hurricane season is coming. So that will be cool. If you dont hear from me it is probably because I am dead or something. (another side note: Someone should tell him he should never say those kind of things to his mother!)
But anyways love ya mom and will talk to you next week! Well I am glad to hear everything is well at home and thank you for everything in the package I loved it all! I feed the Flamming hot Cheetos to these African kids and they hate them because they dont eat hot things here. haha! but thank you so much!
Love you
Elder Brown

2 comments:

Ang said...

Sounds like he's really learning and growing and that's awesome! Poor guy - that would be embarrassing, but the mission president knows how elders are. He doesn't expect them to be perfect!

Brittany Evans said...

Go Kent! :) I can tell he is trying so hard to serve the Lord the best he can. It's so great that he has a supportive and caring mission president as well. I really hope his rash goes away soon and he will be pain free! His name is on the Portland Oregon Temple prayer roll. :)

layout